About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy - Busy - Busy

OK so I started a Ladies Bible Study in my home on Thursday mornings, I was so excited that 8 woman have decided to join me. We have begun our study on Becoming a Woman of Excellence by Cynthia Heald
and then we will study an Elizabeth George book on Growing in Wisdom and Faith a study of the book of James.

So that was Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon my friend Donna and her lovely daughter Grace came over for a play date (I totally forgot they were coming until Donna called me at lunch time) the girls were so excited because they love to play with Grace and we haven't been able to get together because we both have been insanely busy with school and activities. It was a lot of fun.


Friday morning had another play date with my friend Kristie who I haven't seen in ages and we have been rescheduling playdates due to illnesses and schedule for 2 months it was so good to catch up with her. Then Friday night we had Sheppard Group and we are study Tozer's book on the Pursuit of God.Great study, a little tough to read at times but good stuff. I really enjoy getting together with our Shepard group, it's always good fellowship and the kids have a blast.

Saturday had a community yard sale (not well advertised, little to no traffic, made only $20, it was the down payment on my bike). Did some small errands, (bought my bike - see post below) church and some friends came over to play Guitar Hero on the XBOX. That was so much fun.

Sunday, up early and tried to ride my bike (again see post below about the debacle).

Then took the kids to see Up the movie (the older two) hired a babysitter to watch Madison and Jaden so we could do this, so by the time we paid for 4 tickets (2 adults and 2 children) at a matinee, popcorn, lemonade, and bottle of water, let's just say I paid less for my bike. However, since we go to the movies maybe 1 every 2 years so it was well worth the expense. The kids liked it for the most part, it has some heavy story ideas for little kids but it was a good movie.

Not necessarily one of Pixar's best movies but pretty good none the less.

So it was a very busy 4 days (you would have thought I would have had more time to take pictures) but it was filled with lots of friends, food and fun. My favorite.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! So glad for you getting a bike. It so scary that a trip to the movies cost just as much...crazy, yes??!!