About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School and First CO-OP

Well this year we are attempting to do two Co-ops. Not sure how we are going to get all of our work done and include extracurricular activities but we will do our best, it's the beauty of homeschooling. The girls had the opportunity to join a second co-op this year and since we know a lot of the families and it's held in our church building we jumped at the opportunity. We still however wanted to do our Classical Conversations Co-op it's really good and totally different than TNT (this co-op). So one co-op meets on Tuesdays and one meets on Wednesday, both are in the morning and both end at 12:00. So I can still do our school work in the afternoon (so we don't get behind).


Everyone got a back pack this year (even if he didn't need one...he had to have one).
Glad it was only $5.
We even got to wear new school clothes. Madison and her cup of Joe.
This is most of the kids that were at the kick off, if I'm not mistaken there are about 20 kids missing...some families are not back from vacation yet, but there are about 50 families involved in this co-op.
I couldn't get a picture of Kaleigh's face but she looked like a little deer in headlights when she had to sit with her class. She was so nervous.
They have to stand for pledge of allegiance.
Each class has between 10 and 15 kids not including the nursery. They begin with K-4 (which is the 4 year olds) and K-5 for Kindergarten and go all the way to 6 grade. The way this co-op works is they do unit studies for 5 weeks, so for 4 weeks they study the subject and then on the 5th week they actually do an activity. So the first unit study is Chemistry and then comes Civil War...I don't know what they are doing for chemistry but I'm involved with the committee for Civil War and we will be teaching the kids songs and they will be putting on a play for the 5th week activity. The rest of the year will be Weather, Australia, Fine Arts, Report Writing and Transportation and the Presidents Physical Fitness Challenge (I think that's what it's called). So it will be a busy year for us. Included with what the unit study they are also doing character training (a lesson from the bible), game time and lunch. So it's a busy morning.

One of the things about this Co-op is that I can drop off the girls on the weeks or the unit study that I am not teaching so that will be an interesting thing for us and a chance to get to spend time with just Madison and Jaden alone doing something with just two kids.

I'll post about our other co-op once I get pictures of that one and then I may not post for while, because I am teaching in our second co-op all year 1st and 2nd graders so I may be busy but I'll do my best to keep things posted.

No comments: