About Me

My photo
Wife to the most amazing and loving husband, mother of four of the most beautiful children, child of a loving and gracious God.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Nine 1/2 month Old

My sweet little boy. So I've been a little busy to post an update on Jaden. He is now 9 1/2 months old, and too cute. Yes I realize I should have posted this picture on the 1st of April but seeing as we were in the midst of trying to get ready for vacation and now getting back from vacation time is crazy, I figured I would at least post something now.

Here is a little about this little guy. Yes he is tiny, he weighed 13lbs 15 oz at his 9 month appointment, yes he has dropped off the growth chart, significantly. His head has kept pace with growing but it seems his body has slowed down. The doctor has said that he is too small (if you know me well you know that I am not a tall woman and rather small myself) I have tried desperately to eat enough calories to give him during while nursing (hence the 15lbs I cannot seem to get rid of). It's not that he doesn't eat, because he does eat. He eats 3 meals a day of jar foods, I am still nursing 4-5 times a day even at night. He just has the metabolism of a fish, he can't seem to gain weight. He is not into textured foods although over vacation he really started enjoying bread, and now I can get him to eat rice, pancakes, bagels, macaroni and cheese, corn, peas and for the first time today a honey baked ham. Once he is done eating his textured food he still wants jar food which I happily oblige but he is still not gaining weight, which the doctors think why he is not sleeping through the night, he's just hungry all the time. So we wait and pray that he will gain some wait, I have tried giving him formula, Michael has tried giving him formula the boy just does not like it, he in fact hates it and cries at every try. Hopefully he will like milk in 2 1/2 months, we'll see. He is not crawling although the doctors believe he will probably skip crawling and go right to walking since he can pull himself up, but at this moment they hope he doesn't crawl so that he will keep any weight he gains on his little frame. He is a very happy baby, and cut two teeth while we were in FL, I believe a few more are coming in, he seems a little cranky at night. He loves his sisters and his Daddy, but it is me he always wants. Something about being with mom makes him feel very comforted. I know one day I will miss this, but it does make my days very exhausting. Not having slept in 10 months my body is definitely on the way to giving out. Somedays I'm very cranky and tired and some days I can cope. I am grateful for this beautiful child but I wish he would sleep, maybe he would grow some more than too.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

he's SO cute!!!

Julie said...

he is adorable and Jasper is the same way... always moving and going and dancing etc... he is in the 9% of weight and not gaining... but he sleeps fine. I will pray he will sleep, I know that must be hard on him and you!!! Jasper always wants milk (formula...he hates milk) right after "eating" real food. He is such a stinker... seems sometimes that he is content with an all liquid diet!

Jenkins said...

too cute, He has the best smile and hair!